- Store hoses and turn off outdoor water.
- Drain and turn off the sprinkler system.
- Seal cracks around doors and windows.
- Clean your gutters.
- Inspect your roof.
- Direct drainage away from your house.
- Get your furnace serviced and change filters.
- Prune outside plants.
- Look up the chimney for blockages; check damper.
- Mulch leaves when you mow.
- Test your sump pump.
- Restock winter essentials, such as salt or ice melt.
- Inspect your snowblower.
- Check for cracks in your driveway, walkway, or steps and repair if needed.
- Change rotation of ceiling fans to push warm air down.
- Check for holes in the attic.
- Check exterior lighting.
- Stow your mower.
- Winter is a great time to get those interior painting projects done. Call Lake Area Painting for a free no-obligation estimate 651-429-1778.
Posts for Tag : Painting Contractor
Removing oxidation for your cement board siding is a must before painting.
Oxidation is a formation of fine powder on the surface of the paint film during weathering, which can cause color fading and failure of the new coating if painted over.
Lake Area Painting can get rid of the oxidation by using a Hot water pressure washing and special cleaners.
Spraying doors in our shop for a super smooth finish.
Started off with a newly constructed pine bar top. We carefully burnt, sanded and poured two coats of Crystal Sheen High Gloss Resin coating. I have to say it turned out absolutely gorgeous!
30 years we have been taking care of this customer. We have re-stained the wood siding every 10 years with a semi-transparent stain. The average life span for this type of product is 5 years. Preparing the surface is the key to any paint or stain job.